Chief Modeler, Hydrologic & Environmental Systems Modeling, South Florida Water Management District, 3301 Gun Club Road, West Palm beach, Florida 33406 (email@example.com)
Affiliate Research Professor, Center for Environmental Studies, College of Science, Florida Atlantic University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Interests and Expertise: Climate Change and Sea Level Rise, Hydrologic Modeling in changing environments
Undergraduate: University of Ceylon, Civil Engineering (Hons.), Sri Lanka, B.Sc., 1975.
Graduate: University of Roorkee, India, P.G. Diploma., 1977. M.Eng.,1977‑1978, Colorado State University, Ph.D., 1981.
Diplomate, American Water Resources Engineers
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION AND NATIONAL COMMITTEES
- Member, Surface Runoff Committee of the American Geophysical Union (term expired)
- Member of the National Research Council committee to review recent hydrologic studies of the Klamath River Basin in Oregon and California (term completed)
- Member of the National Research Council committee on Sustainable Water & Environmental Management in California Bay-Delta
- Member of the National Research Council panel on Bay Delta Conservation Plan
- External agency member to the US Army Corps of Engineers to review the hydrologic modeling of the New Orleans in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina
- Member of the organizing committee of the Federal interagency conference on hydrologic modeling and sediment transport
- Member of the United States National Climate Assessment and Development and Advisory Committee (NCADAC) appointed by The Secretary of Commerce, US Department of Commerce
- Member and Co-author, Sea Level Rise Scenarios for the National Climate Assessment (released 2012)
Registered Professional Engineer (No. 40202), State of Florida
Oct. 2011 to present : Chief Engineer, Hydrologic & Environmental Systems Modeling, South Florida Water Management District, West Palm Beach, Florida
Oct 2011: Appointed Affiliate Research Professor, Florida Atlantic University.
Oct. 2003 to Sep. 2011: Director, Hydrologic & Environmental Systems Modeling Department, South Florida Water Management District, West Palm Beach, Florida
May, 1995 to Sep. 2003: Director, Hydrologic Systems Modeling Division, South Florida Water Management District, West Palm Beach, Florida
May, 1991: Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Geography & Geology Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida (served on graduate committees)
May, 2000: Courtesy Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida (served on graduate committees)
Jan. 1987 to Sep. 1987: Water Resources Engineer
Sep. 1987 to May. 1988:Staff Water Resources Engineer
May. 1988 to Sep. 1989: Senior Water Resources Engineer
Oct. 1989 to April, 1995: Supervising Professional Water Resources Engineer, Supervising Professional Civil Engineer, South Florida Water Management District, West Palm Beach, Florida.
Jan. 1985 – Dec. 1986: Assistant Professor in Civil Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado.
Aug. 1982 – Dec. 1984: Research Scientist, International Water Resources Institute, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
Sep. 1981 – July 1982: Research Associate, Hydrology and Water Resources Program, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado.
Aug. 1978 – Aug. 1981: Research Assistant, Hydrology and Water Resources Program, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado.
July 1976 – May 1978: UNESCO Fellowship Holder, School of Hydrology, University of Roorkee, Roorkee, India.
Jan. 1976 – June 1976: Assistant Lecturer in Civil Engineering, University of Sri Lanka, Katubedda, Sri Lanka.
July 1975 – Dec 1975:Engineering Assistant, Hydrology Division, Irrigation Department, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Mar. 1975 – June 1975:Instructor in Civil Engineering, University of Sri Lanka, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.