Brazil: One-week visit to write a proposal for water management in the drought-prone regions of the North and East
Spain: Invited to teach at a one-week short-course on hydrologic modeling using stochastic methods at University of Valencia
Dominican Republic: Principal Investigator for hydrologic studies, Operational Studies of the Valdesia Reservoir, a project funded by the World Bank. Taught several training classes on hydrologic modeling.
Colombia: Visited two times to conduct short-course on hydrologic modeling at the National University, Medellin
Venezuela: Invited to present a paper on “Ecosystem Restoration and Sustainable Development in South Florida,” Inter-american Conference on Environmental Issues, December 8-11, 1997, Universidad Simon Bolivar
Korea:Taught 12 hours on Statistical Modeling of Hydrologic Extremes at the course on Risk Analysis of Water/Environmental Systems organized by Professors Jose Salas & Jun-Haeng Heo, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea: Jan 21-Feb 1, 2013.
Presented an invited lecture on “Incorporation of Climate Change and Variability for Management of Water Resources in South Florida, USA,” at the International Symposium on New Directions in Climate Change Research, held Seoul, Korea (March, 2008)
India:Participated as a member of US team at a special workshop on Incorporation of climate information in water resources management held in Pune, India, July 2006.
Peru: Short course on “Risk of extreme events under non-stationary conditions” at the National University of Engineering, Lima, March 14-16, 2013.
- During the last several years, taught several short-courses on hydrologic modeling to engineers at the Sri Lanka Land Reclamation and Drainage Corporation (SLLRDC).
- Developed a methodology for computing design rainfall events for the Colombo Metropolitan Region.
- On several occasions during the past several years, presented seminars to engineers at the Irrigation Department and to the scientist at IWMI.
- Presented a Special Invited Lecture at the International Conference on Water Resources Management in the Changing Environment of the Monsoon Region held November17-19, 2004 in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The title of the paper was “Integrated Water Resources Management in the USA–Experience in South Florida.”
- Presented a seminar entitled “Recent Technological Advances in Hydrologic Information Systems” to about 40 engineers at the Irrigation Department in Sri Lanka (November 25, 2004).
- Co-principal investigator on Tsunami Impacts on groundwater, soils, and vegetation in coastal regions of Sri Lanka, funded by the US National Foundation, and the Sri Lanka National Science Foundation (visited Sri Lanka in February, 2005, and again in July, 2005)
- Presented several talks on Climate Change (March, 2011)